SHERINGHAM & DISTRICT BRANCH OF THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION
We need your help to raise funds for our branch, all you need to do is sign up using the link below and every time you shop online with a participating store, they will make a donation to us at no cost to yourself. Please help us.
IT'S BACK. IT'S BLUE
(with lots that's new & importantly, it's for you!)
THE COAST FESTIVAL has survived!
(And it is time for you to get involved.)
Yes, it is true.
After the damage the wettest year for years did to so many events last year, COAST managed to weather the storm and, with support from Cromer and Sheringham Town Councils now guaranteed, will happen again this year!
It is not simply a re-run of what has been enjoyed in past years. We are very excited to announce a whole new aspect: a film festival. This year's overall theme is "Inspired by film." (More on that to follow, but first that exciting news about the film festival.)
· The first part of festival week will feature invited film shows from coastal communities worldwide.
· We aim to offer a fascinating, global view of Life Along Coastlines and how it is lived elsewhere.
· In contrast, we will also be showing the stunning "2 Minutes of your Time" community film compilation.
· To take things right up to date, we will be screening the award winning films from our very own short film competition. Also starting next week is our very own "Blue Balloon" film production, featuring a series of surprising film homages. This will be used to promote the COAST Arts Festival: to get it more widely known & to encourage visitors during this usually quiet end of the season.
· Finally, there will be a glittering awards night ceremony hosted by Sheringham Little Theatre and we're hoping for a few surprise guests too! Could Oscar be holding a blue balloon aloft next year?
But it doesn't all happen in October... the fun starts now!
We launch our short film competition on Monday 11 March and we're looking for films which are no longer than 5 minutes. Full details are on the dedicated website www.coastfilm-festival.com
>From there, you can download the entry form, and there's loads of other interesting
information and a few film clips on the site too.
Sell out at the previous two Festivals, and now with a new programme, this amazingly
talented playing, singing and dancing string quartet will be performing on Saturday 26th
October 7:30 p.m. Book early to avoid disappointment : www.casaf.co.uk