LETTER Scout Gang Show 1974
I read in the issue 13 that the first Scout Gang Show was held on the 12th, 13th, 14th of
April 1974. No, I'm afrade not. It was held on March 13th, 14th, 15th 1974 at the Little
Theatre. I enclose a programme of the event herewith. Sincerely, John Peacock
PS I was not in it but I was in the audience - it was a great show, especially item no 12.
Sheringham and Beeston Regis Scout Group. Present a SCOUT GANG SHOW at the LITTLE THEATRE
MARCH 13th,14th & 15th 1974.
1. OPENING CHORUS. Scout troop, Cub Pack & Scouters.
2. THE "Café". Diner - Robert Ducker, Waiter-Peter Jump.
3. THE ESCAPED SCOUT. Scout-Charles Durrant
4. MARCH OF THE UNDERTAKERS. Patrick Couch, Paul Couch, Andrew Nichols, Richard Nichols,
5. LOW NOON. Neil Dixon-Payne, David Forrester, David Lewis, Luke Morgan, Philip Moy,
6. TWENTY LITTLE CUB SCOUTS. The Cub Pack.
7. SARDINE FACTORY. The Scouters.
8 "THERE'S A HOLE IN MY BUCKET". Georgie-Graham Hill. Liza-Philip Moy
9. THE BUS STOP. WORKMEN - David Harris Peter Warsop.
10.RADIO SHANNOCKHAM. Paul Couch, Frank Farrow, Philip Moy, Andrew Nichols, Timothy
11.ANCIENT BRITONS. The cub pack
12. THE OPERATION.
DOCTOR"MOSS" KILLER - Mark Chandler,
DOCTOR" WHO" DUNNIT John Emery
DOCTOR "C.J" LANCIT- Christopher Pigott.
PATIENT -Philip Horsenail.
13. THE COMEDIANS. Charles Durrant, Graham Farquhar.
14. THE "SUPREMES". Frank Chandler, Michael Hill, Mike Pigott.
15 THE DUMB BLONDE. (Set in "NICABED" A Middle East State in the year 1910),
Adam Anderson, Patrick Couch, Peter Churcher, Kenneth Durrant, Luke Morgan, Richard
Nichols, Cyril Pike, David Skelton.
16 MUSICAL INTERLUDE. Frank Farrow, Luke Morgan.
17. A SEAT IN THE PARK. Robert Ducker, Graham Farquhar Graham Hill, Peter Jump, Philip
18. IF I WERE NOT A CUB SCOUT. W. Ackerley, I. Beasy, T. Couch, D. James, C. Sadler, C.
Skelton, S. Skelton, C Verlander, R, Williams, N. Wright.
19. LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD. RED RIDING HOOD David Lewis, WOLF- Colin Wilson.
20.THE SHANNOCK SINGERS, Patrick Couch, Paul Couch, Graham Farquhar, Peter Jump, Philip
21. THE POTTED HISTORY OF CUSTARD PIE THROWING.
STOOGE - David Harris..
CHEF- Graham Hill.
CHEF- Mark Simmonds
22. GRAND FINALE. Scout Troop, Cub Pack, and Scouters.
|There are lots of other names mentioned in the programme,
were you in this Gang Show? Do you have any photos you can let us have? Give us a call or
pop in and see us. Melanie
|PANDORA'S BOX LADIES NIGHT
Pandora's Box first ever fundraising event held at Pinewood Leisure Park, raised a
staggering £1261, enough money to finance a support-line for the coming year. The event
incorporated an element of fun and local community spirit. Entertainment a very popular
disco, with a glass of wine to start the evenings proceedings, the food a hot buffet and
assorted deserts to follow. All of the ladies whom attended on the night thank you for
making it such a success. I look forward to seeing you all at our next event, keep
watching this space.
Penny Vicary, Coordinator Pandora's Box.
This is a familiar face around our town, he has been in business for 29
years and is always very helpful.
several answers post, telephone and email about the company Sports Spectrum, which is now
in Holt and owned by Evan Tuck. Many thanks, this information has been passed on.
|As you are I am sure aware the DESIGNATED AREA' is now in
The initiative has been pushed from your Town Council through the Crime and Disorder
Partnership at NNDC. This is not the answer to our problems, but only the beginning of
perhaps an answer. The Community have a huge part to play in what happens in the future.
Firstly to make this work, we need feedback from Local People. This is crucial. We all
need to work together, including with the Police.
Secondly we need to come up with some solution to involve our youngsters. Your suggestions
are very welcome and anyone who wishes to volunteer for a particular project when it
comes. Contact Brian Hannah, 18 Common Lane