|CASH FOR AIR
|Bob Brewster is a member of Norwich Inns whose nominated
charity for this year is East Anglian Air Ambulance.
|Peter Mendham, who you will recognise from his Norwich
City football days, is the regional co-ordinator for this worthwhile charity, he visited
the Crown to be presented with a cheque for £700 from Bob and the quiz players.
The air ambulance is totally dependent on your generous support and fundraising.
|Broadband is just about here for Sheringham,
Beeston Regis, Upper Sheringham and West Beckham. I know many of you have now got
your orders placed and are looking forward to the new service. Cromer now has
broadband, as does East Runton. So what about West Runton? Well West Runton has recently
hit is trigger level of 200 registrations, which means broadband should be available by
around June. A quick recap on the benefits and costs of broadband Internet access.
1) No more dialling for a connection, the service is available all the time without
needing to dial up.
2) No more frustrating disconnections. You don't get cut off on a regular basis as the
service is there all the time
3) Its far faster to down load email and browse web site.
4) The £27 to £29 per month service, will usually be 10 time faster at receiving
information than a standard modem and 5 times faster sending.
5) The cost of using the service is fully inclusive; therefore you can use it as much as
you like without having to worry about the phone bill.
6) Another great advantage is than it shares a single standard BT phone line, which means
you can make or take incoming or outgoing voice calls, in the normal way, whilst you're
using the internet.
7) Most Internet Service Providers (AOL, Freeserve) have a broadband service it is not
just limited to BT.
What are the typical costs? Set-up costs (based on a single PC). New broadband
modem £35 to £50, some providers provide a modem free of charge. Connection to the
service usually £50, some providers may offer this at a discounted rate.
Running costs. Typically £27 to £30 per month, which includes any amount of usage
within the fee. If you are considering a move to broadband and would like some free
advice contact local broadband provider Paston Chase who have people you can talk your
requirements through with . They will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Their
number is 01603 502061.